Bela Panna Recipe – Vegan
Bela Panna is a popular summer drink that is prepared with the pulp of the wood apple, which is the native fruit of the South East Asian region. It is known as ‘Bela’ in Odia. The pulp of the fruit is scooped out and mixed with water and stirred. The juice is then strained. It is then concocted with some milk or beaten curd. The quantity is considered as per the taste. It can be served chilled or at normal room temperature.
Method of Bela Panna:
- Break the wood apple and scoop the pulp out into a dish.
- Add 3 – 4 cups of water to the pulp, mix well and strain the juice.
- Add sugar and milk / beaten curd. Make the consistency of panna according to your taste, either concentrated or diluted.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Bela Panna Ingredients:
- Bela (Wood Apple): 1 ripe
- Sugar: to taste
- Water : 3 to 4 cups
- Black pepper powder: for sprinkling
- Milk or fresh curd: to taste