Dahi Puri Recipe
It’s hard to find anyone who doesn’t like to enjoy chaat! Dahi Puri Chaat is yet another member of popular Indian street chaats that is made by filling crispy puffed puris with boiled potatoes and topping it with a combination of sweet, sour and spicy chutneys, onion, sev and beaten curd (dahi) giving it a perfectly balanced tongue tickling flavor. It is perfectly suitable as a party-snack as it can be easily prepared in large quantities, ingredients can be prepared in advance, just needs assembling at the time of serving and guests can customize it to their taste. This step by step photo recipe of Dahi Puri explains how simple it is to make it at home.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 1 serving
- Prepare Sweet Chutney, Green Chutney and Garlic Chutney, by following their recipes. Mix 1-teaspoon garlic chutney with 1-teaspoon water to dilute it. Keep all other ingredients ready.
- Gently make a hole on the top side of each golgappa puri by cracking it in the center with a spoon or index finger. Take one serving plate and arrange them on it.
- Fill each puri with 1-tablespoon potato and 1/2 tablespoon onion.
- Drizzle 1-teaspoon date tamarind chutney over potato.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon green chutney over it.
- Drizzle 1/4 teaspoon garlic chutney over it.
- Pour 1-tablespoon curd over each puri.
- Sprinkle Sev over it and garnish with coriander leaves. Dahi Puri Chaat is ready for serving. Serve it immediately.
- 8 Puri (Golgappa Puri)
- 1/2 cup boiled and chopped Potato
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 2½ tablespoons Sweet Date Tamarind Chutney
- 1½ tablespoons Green Chutney
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Chutney, optional
- 1/2 cup Curd, beaten
- 1/4 cup Sev
- Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to adjust the amount of all chutneys and curd to get your desired taste.
- Add sprouted moong beans or boiled black chickpeas for variation.
- Prepare chutneys in advance and store in a refrigerator.