Malai Gobhi Recipe
Malai Gobhi is an easy-to-make delicious main dish recipe and is cooked using cauliflower, cashews, onion, garlic, ginger, green chili, clove, bay leaf, garam masala and green cardamom. This North Indian recipe is made with the goodness of cauliflower florets and tossed in the perfect flavours of light spices and coconut milk gravy. The cashew paste gives a smooth and delectable flavour to the dish. It tastes even more delicious when paired with cooked rice, pulao or hot chapattis which makes it a perfect lunch or dinner recipe.
You can serve this lip-smacking dish to your guests on special occasions like parties, buffets or potlucks and enjoy it with your loved ones!
- Add cashews in a blender jar and grind until it is powdered. Add a little amount of water and mix properly to form a paste. Take a pan and heat oil in it. Add cloves and bay leaf and saute for a while. Add onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic to the blender jar and grind them. Take the mixture, add little amount of water and mix properly to form a paste. Then add this chilli paste to the pan and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Wash the cauliflower florets and drain out the excess water. Add them to the pan and combine with rest of the ingredients. Add garam masala powder, cardamom powder and black pepper powder along with a cup of water.
- Cook the florets for about 10 minutes until they turn tender. Now, add the cashew paste and salt as required. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Then, add coconut milk and a little amount of water to get the desired consistent mixture.
- Let it simmer again for about 5 minutes. Garnish with kasoori methi and 1 chopped green chilli. Serve hot with cooked rice or chapattis, enjoy!
- 4 Servings
- 2 cup soaked cauliflower
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green chilli
- 1 leaves bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon refined oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 onion
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- powdered green cardamom as required
- salt as required