Paneer Tikka Skewers Recipe
Paneer Tikka is popular Indian appetizer made with cubes of paneer & veggies marinated with yogurt and spices. Traditionally it’s grilled in a tandoor but you can make the same version in the oven with this easy recipe!
- Cut up the dairy free cheese into cubes. Place in a bowl and mix with the rest of the marination ingredients. Adjust seasoning to your liking. Marinate 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 350 o F.
- Gently rub the vegetables under cold running water. Then cut up the vegetables into cubes.
- Take a mini bamboo skewer and thread a cheese cube, then a piece of onion, then a capsicum(each color) then repeat with a cheese cube followed by vegetables. Each skewer should have at least 2 of each – cheese cube, onion and capsicum.
- Place the skewers on the baking tray or oven safe platter. Now place in the oven to cook for 25 minutes or until the skewers are golden. Turn the skewers every 8/10 minutes. Brush with oil to keep them moist. Once done take out of the oven and serve hot.
- 2 packets dairy free cheese sticks or 1 cheese block
- 1 teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 capsicum (assorted colors) each, or as required
- 1 red onion, chopped or as required