Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Topped with a sweet and savory rosemary cashew cream and a lemony broccoli salad, these twice baked sweet potatoes are totally irresistible.
These twice baked sweet potatoes are at least twice as healthy as any twice baked potatoes I’ve eaten before. Instead of using regular baked potatoes, I opt for the nutrient-dense sweet potato. Then, instead of adding the usual sour cream or cream cheese, I fill the potatoes with all sorts of nourishing ingredients:
- A steamed broccoli salad – Dressed with garlic, olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and scallions, it’s bright, tangy, and fresh.
- Sweet potato-rosemary cashew cream – This. Sauce! I make it by blending some of the baked mashed sweet potatoes with cashews, rosemary, and lemon. It’s sweet, savory, cozy, and rich. You’ll love it in this recipe, but you might find yourself drizzling it over everything else, too!
- Hemp seeds – They add a nice crunch.
- Fresh parsley – A fresh finishing touch.
- And a sprinkle of cheddar cheese – This is one of those recipes where the cheese is optional or not optional, depending on your preference. The creamy cashew filling is so delicious that the cheese isn’t necessary for flavor. But if you ask my husband Jack if he wants cheese on anything, his answer will always be “yes, please more cheese!”
These components are healthy, but that doesn’t mean they’re not delicious. Together, they create an irresistible balance of rich, fresh, bright, and zesty flavors.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, optional
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup chopped parsley and/or microgreens
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sweet potato mash
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked 4+ hours & drained
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper