Vada Pav Recipe – Vegan
How to make Vada Pav Steps
- To prepare this easy recipe, take a bowl and mix together gram flour (besan), coriander powder, salt, and water to form a smooth and medium thick paste. Set it aside until required.
- Next, put a tempura frying pan on medium flame and heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in it. Once the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and keep this tempura in a bowl once prepared.
- In another bowl, mash the potatoes, and add the above prepared tempura and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a deep frying pan on high heat. In the meantime, make small tikki sized roundels of the potato mixture. Once the oil is heated, dip each roundel in the besan mixture and drop it into the frying pan. Let these tikkis fry on medium heat until light golden in colour.
- As the vadas are frying, in a grinder, grind the dry red chillies, sesame seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until a coarse powder is formed.
- In a shallow fry pan, heat the butter on low flame and grill the pav breads until light golden and crisp.
- Now, it is time to assemble your vada pav! Put some green chutney on one side of the bun, and tamarind chutney on the other side. Then place the vada on one side and sprinkle a few pinches of the chilli and sesame powder prepared earlier. It’s ready, just dig in!
Ingredients of Vada Pav
- 2 Servings
- 3 boiled potato
- 4 pav
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoon curry leaves
- 2 cup rice bran oil
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon tamarind chutney
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- salt as required
- 4 red chilli
- 2 tablespoon green chutney
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water