Vegan bean chilli fries
Treat family and friends to Mexican-inspired loaded fries. This plant-based dish is great for entertaining, whether for a movie night or party.
- Cook the French fries following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 10 mins. Prepare the guacamole by mashing the avocado and mixing in the lime juice, red onion and chopped tomato.
- Add the garlic, chipotle paste, ground cumin and ground coriander to the onions, which should be softened and translucent. Fry for 1 min, then tip in the mixed beans and the chopped tomatoes. Simmer for 10 mins, then stir in most of the coriander and season. Tip the fries into a bowl and top with the bean chilli, guacamole, crème fraiche and crispy fried onions. Scatter over the remaining coriander and serve with lime wedges.
- 400g frozen French fries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lime, juiced, plus wedges to serve
- ½ finely chopped small red onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ½ tbsp chipotle paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- ½ 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ chopped small bunch of coriander
- 2 tbsp dairy-free crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp crispy fried onions