Vegan choc doughnuts recipe
These raw vegan chocolate doughnuts are a great healthy treat when you’re craving something sweet. They’re super dense and taste so indulgent, but are totally guilt-free!
- Lightly grease four (9cm-wide) holes of a doughnut pan. Process hazelnuts until coarsely ground. Add the dates, cacao, coconut oil and maca. Process until well combined. Spoon into the prepared holes, pressing down firmly to fill. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm.
- Use either a blowtorch or a hot towel to warm the base of the doughnut pan, turn the doughnuts out onto a clean surface.
- Drizzle the doughnuts with chocolate and scatter with the crushed freeze-dried strawberry and chopped hazelnuts.
- 130g skinless hazelnuts, toasted
- 340g pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 60g dark chocolate, melted
- 20g freeze dried strawberries, crushed
- Chopped hazelnuts, to sprinkle
- Select all ingredients