This vegan pasta salad recipe is perfect for picnics! A creamy, no-mayo tahini dressing coats curly noodles, summer veggies, and briny artichokes.
Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe Variations
This vegan pasta salad recipe is delicious as written, but it’s totally customization! Change it up based on what you’re craving or what you have on hand. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Make an Italian version with roasted red bell peppers instead of green beans.
- Simplify it by skipping the spiralized squash and increasing the pasta.
- Doesn’t matter if it’s vegan? Use 3/4 cup halved mini mozzarella balls instead of the navy beans.
Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe Ingredients
To make this vegan pasta salad recipe, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
- Pasta, of course! Use any short, curly pasta shape you like. Of course, use gluten-free pasta if you need this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Specialized summer squash – To lighten this salad up, I mix spiralized yellow squash with the regular pasta noodles. You feel like you’re eating a big pile of pasta, but actually, it’s mostly veggies!
- Haricots verts – They add vibrant color and crunch to this vegan pasta salad.
- Cherry tomatoes – What’s a summer salad without them? I love how their juicy texture contrasts with the crisp haricots verts and al dente pasta.
- Navy beans – For plant-based protein and hearty, creamy texture.
- Red onion – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Kalamata olives and artichoke hearts – I love their briny taste with the fresh veggies and tangy dressing.
- Sunflower seeds – For crunch!
- And fresh herbs – Tender, aromatic herbs like parsley and basil take this salad over the top.