Mushroom Soup Recipe – Vegan
Use a soup maker to make this easy, creamy mushroom soup. Chestnut or button mushrooms work well. Serve with crusty bread and freeze any leftovers.
- Put the onions, garlic, mushrooms, and stock into the soup maker, and press the ‘smooth soup’ function. Make sure you don’t fill the soup maker above the max fill line.
- Once the cycle is complete, season well, and stir in the cream. Blend briefly again until the soup is creamy, then serve in bowls topped with the parsley and more cream if you like.
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g mushrooms, finely chopped (chestnut or button mushrooms work well)
- 750ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp single cream, plus more to serve
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to serve (optional)