Even meat eaters will love this vegan pizza recipe! With creamy cashew sauce, summer veggies & sun-dried tomatoes, it’s flavorful and fun to eat.
Meet the best vegan pizza recipe! Loaded with broccoli, tomatoes, jalapeño, and creamy cashew sauce, this pizza is flavorful, satisfying, and fun to eat. You’re not even going to miss the cheese! Each veggie adds an interesting flavor and texture, and together, they make a pizza that tastes amazing. The broccoli gets all roast-y toasty, the corn pops with sweetness, the sun-dried tomatoes bring that tangy umami flavor, and the jalapeño brings some spice to this pizza party. The whole thing gets doused in a creamy/savory layer of cashew cream in lieu of any cheese or dairy. It’s a pizza recipe you can feel good about!
While the ingredients in this vegan pizza recipe look like a lot, it actually all comes together pretty quickly.
Once you chop the veggies (even the stems of the broccoli!), toss them together in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper until everything is well-seasoned and well-coated. While you do this, your partner could be stretching the pizza dough.
To make things easy, I like to use Whole Foods’ Multigrain fresh pizza dough – it can be found in the refrigerated area near the pizza section of the store. If you don’t see it, ask the people at the pizza counter. I’ve also heard that Trader Joe’s fresh dough is delicious. Or, if I’m lucky, I’ll have a batch of homemade dough on hand in the freezer.
And just a side note: I’ve been really enjoying this hole-ey pizza pan lately – it gets the bottom edges of the crust nice and crisp.
- Spread traditional pizza sauce onto the dough instead of the cashew cream.
- Try drizzling this creamy vegan cheese on top.
- Use roasted tomatoes or roasted red peppers instead of the sun dried tomatoes.
- Top your pizza with pickled jalapenos for extra pop.
- Add dollops of pesto instead of the fresh basil.
- 1 small head broccoli, florets chopped into small pieces, top of stalk diced (½ cup)
- ⅓ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- kernels from 1 ear fresh corn
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped red onion
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 4 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and brushing
- 1 (16-ounce) ball of pizza dough
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- pinches of red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cashew Cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, tomatoes, corn, onion, jalapeño, and sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and taste. The vegetables should be well-seasoned and well-coated with the olive oil so that the vegetables are flavorful throughout the pizza.
- Stretch the pizza dough onto a 14-inch pizza pan. Brush the outer edges of the dough lightly with olive oil and spoon a few scoops of cashew cream onto the center of the dough, just enough to spread it into a thin layer. Distribute the vegetables onto the dough.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden, cooked through, and the broccoli is tender and roasted. Remove from the oven and drizzle generously with the cashew cream (if your cashew cream is too thick to drizzle, stir in a little water). Top with the fresh basil, fresh thyme, and pinches of red pepper flakes.