These lightly-spiced cocktail nuts are a cut above the store bought sort. Cayenne adds kick, brown sugar balances the salt and fresh rosemary provides an unexpected woodsy note that really makes them something special. They’re fancy enough to toss into a shiny cellophane bag, tie with a bow and give as a gift.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, toss nuts with butter and spread out onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While nuts roast, mix rosemary, sugar, cayenne and salt in a bowl. Add nuts and toss. Serve warm or cool.
- 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound unsalted mixed nuts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar or granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt