Broccoli Pesto Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe is hearty, healthy, and packed with fresh flavor! Serve it as a side dish, or enjoy it as a meal on its own.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Mediterranean quinoa salad recipe:
- Quinoa, of course! 1 cup dry quinoa yields 3 cups cooked. Find my go-to method for how to cook quinoa.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes – They add rich savory flavor and yummy chewy texture to this salad. You’ll need to roast them for a couple of hours on low heat, until they shrivel around the edges, so be sure to plan ahead.
- Persian cucumbers – For crunch!
- Red onion – For sharp depth of flavor.
- Feta cheese – I love its creamy texture and tangy flavor in this quinoa salad recipe, but feel free to skip it if you’re vegan.
- Kalamata olives – I’m an olive convert! For years, I avoided olives, but their briny, salty flavor takes this salad to a whole new level.
- Toasted pine nuts and roasted chickpeas – They add protein, nutty flavor, and lots of crunch.
- Arugula and mixed herbs – They make this salad nice and fresh! I like to use a variety of leafy herbs here, such as mint, parsley, oregano, thyme, and/or basil.
- Italian dressing – Bright, tangy, and flecked with (more) herbs, it ties the whole salad together!
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe is SO healthy and delicious! Packed with roasted tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh herbs, it’s a perfect meal prep lunch or dinner side dish. For speedy assembly, roast the tomatoes in advance.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 recipe Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup sliced Persian cucumbers
- 1 cup mixed basil & mint
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 recipe Italian Dressing, plus 2 additional garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinches of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, roasted tomatoes, arugula, cucumbers, herbs, feta, olives, onion, and pine nuts.
- Toss to combine, then drizzle with the dressing and toss again. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes, and toss again. Top with the roasted chickpeas and serve.