The ULTIMATE vegan nachos, these are loaded with smoky cauliflower “cheese” sauce, sweet pineapple salsa, black beans, cilantro, and tomato.
If you made Thursday’s stuffed peppers and have leftover pineapple salsa and leftover chipotles, this recipe is for you! And if you didn’t, well that’s ok, you can still make it anyway.
This is a nacho plate that you can feel good about! Instead of weird boxed nacho cheese, we’re making an oozy, spicy cheese-like sauce out of cauliflower. Seriously, is there anything that the mighty cauliflower can’t do?
What’s in Chipotle Cauliflower “Cheese” Nacho Sauce?
- Cauliflower makes up the bulk of the sauce and contributes to its luscious creamy texture.
- Potato gives this “queso” the oozy, thick consistency typical of classic nacho cheese.
- Cashews combine with the cauliflower and potato to perfect the cheese’s creaminess. They also add necessary richness.
- Water thins the sauce.
- Apple Cider Vinegar makes it tangy.
- Olive oil adds richness along with the cashews.
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce makes this “queso” smoky and a little spicy. (If you have any left over, blend them into this handy creamy chipotle sauce!)
- Garlic, onion powder, and sea salt balance & perfect its flavor.
- Prep time – 10 mins
- Cook time – 8 mins
- Total time – 18 mins
These nachos are topped with an oozy, smoky chipotle cauliflower “queso” that’s totally vegan! Many toppings would be fair game here, but the sweetness of Pineapple Salsa against the smoky queso is absolutely delicious.
- Chipotle Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce:
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup peeled and cubed Yukon gold potato
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons water, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo*
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Tortilla chips
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Pineapple Salsa
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro