Make our easy vegan noodle soup for a warming midweek meal. This low-calorie recipe can be spiced up according to taste with a side serving of sriracha
- Tip the noodles into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 mins, then drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a jug, mix the Marmite with 500ml boiling water. Set aside while you cook the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, then add the mushrooms and leek. Cook for 10-15 mins until softened and beginning to color, then add the soy sauce and Marmite and water mixture and stir. Bring to the boil for 5 mins.
- Divide the noodles between two deep bowls, then ladle over the hot broth. Top with the chilli slices, mint leaves and peanuts, and serve with some sriracha on the side.
- 100g rice noodles
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 50g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- To serve
- 1 red chilli, sliced (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked and stalk discarded
- handful salted peanuts
- sriracha, to serve