Saag Aloo Recipe – How to make Saag Aloo Recipe – North Indian Curry Recipes
How to Make Saag Aloo Recipe – This is a super delicious, healthy, easy and vegan Indian curry made with spinach, potatoes and some Indian spices. This curry is so popular in UK, Spain and some other counties in Europe and we see this dish in most Indian restaurants.
This Aloo Saag tastes great with rice, roti or naan.
How to Make Saag Aloo Recipe – A super quick, easy, healthy and vegan Indian curry made with spinach, potatoes and some Indian spices.
- 2 cups Cubed Potatoes
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 Onion medium sized
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or as needed (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds stop popping, add the slit green chillies and red chillies and fry for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, spinach and potatoes and combine well.
- Saute well for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle little water, cover and cook for sometime till they get cooked.
- Turn off the flame.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and give a nice stir.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 557mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1475IU | Vitamin C: 20.5mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 4.3mg