Sheet Pan Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes
This delicious and easy side of Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes made in a sheet pan goes well with almost any main dish. The vegetables come out of the oven perfectly roasted and coated with the sparkling flavors of coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and turmeric. A vegan, soy-free, nut-free and gluten-free recipe. Can be oil-free.
Here’s a really simple and flavorful side dish that takes just minutes of hands-on time to put together: Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Potatoes.
I love it when I can let the oven do most of the work for me, and the oven works really well for cauliflower. That’s because when cauliflower is cooked in the oven, it acquires a firm but tender texture instead of becoming a mushy mess the way it sometimes can when you cook it on the stovetop.
The spices in this recipe are inspired by Aloo Gobi, one of my favorite dishes, but this recipe makes the whole process easier, and because the textures are so different, it tastes like an equally delicious but entirely different dish altogether.
I love potatoes in this recipe because they go so well with cauliflower, and also this makes the recipe even more child friendly (or fussy adult friendly) than it already is. But you can leave them out altogether and you’ll also be able to skip a full step in that case.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for the sheet pan curry roasted cauliflower and potatoes:
- Potatoes (any waxy kind like red or golden are fine)
- Vegetable oil (optional, if you want to make the recipe oil-free. Use vegetable stock instead)
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets and potatoes in a large bowl with all of the remaining ingredients, including 1 tablespoon oil (or the stock), ginger, coriander powder, cumin powder, cayenne or red pepper flakes, turmeric and cilantro. Season with salt. Toss the florets and potatoes well to ensure the spices coat them.
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven and bake 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, turn the cauliflower and potatoes over carefully, and continue baking another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon.