Vegetable & bean chilli recipe
This healthy veggie chilli makes for a quick and satisfying supper, crammed with pulses and colourful fresh vegetables
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the garlic, ginger, onion, courgettes and peppers for about 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more.
- Stir in the lentils, tomato purée, tomatoes and 250ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 mins.
- Add the sweetcorn and beans, and cook for a further 10 mins.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp chilli powder
- 100g red lentils, washed and drained
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 2x cans chopped tomatoes
- 195g can sweetcorn, drained
- 420g can butter beans, drained
- 400g can kidney beans in water, drained