Corn and Cheese Balls Recipe
Cheese and Corn Balls is a delicious appetizer recipe that you can prepare for your family and friends on occasions like kitty parties, pot luck and even picnics. Cooked using American corn kernels, all-purpose flour, breadcrumbs, feta cheese, green chilies, and coriander leaves, this amazing dish would be loved by all! It is a yummy Fusion recipe which surely rouses curiosity and hunger in anyone. The fried balls have a crispy crust and a soft core that simply melts in your mouth.
Try these Cheese and Corn Balls which with tomato ketchup, and enjoy this cheesy delight!
- To prepare these yummy corn and cheese balls, in a cook top, keep a vessel filled with milk on medium flame. Don’t boil it as we need the milk warm and not hot. Once done, put the bowl aside. Then, chop the green chillies and coriander leaves and grate the cheese in a bowl.
- In a little bowl, prepare a smooth batter of flour and water. Then, put a non-stick pan on medium flame and melt some butter in it. Carefully add the milk to the pan and leave it to thicken while stirring continuously. Once it thickens, remove the pan from the heat and add American corn kernels, grated cheese, chopped coriander and green chili along with salt as per your taste. Mix all the ingredients well and set aside the pan. Allow the batter to cool at room temperature.
- After the mixture cools down, it will become thickened. Take a small portion of this mixture and make small round balls and dip them in the already prepared batter. Delicately, roll the balls in the breadcrumbs so that they are covered from all sides. Repeat the process to make more such balls and put them aside.
- Now put a deep-bottomed pan on medium-high flame and heat oil in it. Once the oil is hot enough, add the balls to the oil and fry them in batches till golden brown. Once fried, put these balls on a kitchen towel to soak the excess oil. Your Corn & Cheese Balls are ready, serve them hot with tomato ketchup.
- 8 Servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup cheese- feta
- 5 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup refined oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small green chilli
- 1/2 cup American corn kernels