Luxury hummus recipe
Use good-quality chickpeas to give this vegan hummus a really silky feel. Dips make perfect, easy party food to serve with crudités and warm pittas.
- Blitz ¾ of the chickpeas and 120ml of the oil with the rest of the hummus ingredients and a good amount of seasoning in a food processor. Add a little water if it is too thick. Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl or spread it onto a plate. Can be made up to two days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Dry the rest of the chickpeas on kitchen paper as much as possible. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chickpeas and a large pinch of salt, and fry until golden, around 4 mins. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Drizzle some oil over the hummus, then sprinkle with the spices, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Scatter the fried chickpeas on top and serve with crudités and warm pitta breads.
- 700g chickpeas, drained
- 135ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1½ lemons, juiced
- For the toppings
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sumac
- ½ small pack parsley, roughly chopped
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- crudités and warm pittas, to serve