Soya Tandoori Chaap Recipe
Tandoori Soya Chaap is a delicious vegetarian appetizer prepared with soya chaap marinated in tandoori spices. Simple, delicious, filling, and nutritious- everything one wants for everyday cooking!
If you have never tried soya chaap before then this soya chaap recipe is definitely one of the best ways to introduce soya chaap in your repertoire of favourite recipes. Soya Chaap is a kind of mock meat prepared with soybean chunks and flour. The dough is then wrapped around wooden sticks to give a mock leg piece like appearance. The juicy and succulent chaap mimics the texture of meat brilliantly, making it a delicious treat not just for vegetarians but meat lovers too. Soya Chaap is undoubtedly a versatile vegetarian ingredient, which can be enjoyed in stir-fries as well as gravy preparations for example Soya Chaap Gravy or Malai Soya Chaap Tikka.
I love the simplicity of this recipe. Fry the soya chaap, marinate and cook once again. My husband who is a non-vegetarian would ditch any chicken recipe for this Tandoori Soya Chaap. Not only is it a fantastic protein source but also very quick to cook.
How to make Soya Chaap
- Blend soyabean seeds and remove in a bowl
- Blend the cooked Nutrela Soya chunks and place it in the same bowl
- Add maida, salt and water; make a dough
- Take a small dough and roll it on a flat surface; cut it into thin strips and roll it around ice- cream sticks
- Boil water in a pan and place the soya chap sticks for 10 minutes until its slightly brown
- Soya chap is ready; you can use it in various curries or make tandoori soya chaap
How to make Soya Tandoori Chaap
- In a bowl, add curd, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala, kasoori methi, Nutrela Refined Soyabean oil, lemon juice and soya chaap (made using Nutrela Soya).
- Marinate well and keep aside for 30 min
- In a pan, add butter and let it melt; grill the chaap in a pan
- Serve with mint chutney
For soya chaap
- Soyabean seeds (soaked overnight)
- Nutrela Soya chunks
For Soya Tandoori Chaap
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Pinch of salt
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Garam masala
For Soya Tandoori Chaap
- Coriander powder
- Chaat masala
- Kasoori methi
- Nutrela Refined Soyabean oil
- Lemon juice
- Soya chaap (made using Nutrela Soya) (Learn how to make Soya Chaap, here: https://youtu.be/RkDJjHJyYnk)