Til ki Chikki Recipe
A crunchy snack made with sesame seeds and sugar, perfect to satisfy your mid-meal cravings. This delicious winter snack is specially made during festivals like Lohri and Makar Sankranti. This crunchy brittle til chikki can be stored and enjoyed for months due to its extended shelf life.
- Dissolve sugar in the water over low heat.
- When dissolved, increase the heat and let it come to a boil.
- Cook till the syrup when dropped in a cup of cold water, forms a hard lump.
- Stir in the til and cook for another 2 minutes or so and remove from heat.
- Mix in the soda and pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Leave to set in thin layers. Store and have whenever you want.
- 200 gms til (white sesame seeds)
- 500 gms sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking (meetha) soda
- Greased thali or baking tin (to set the chikki)