You are going to love how quickly this vegan stroganoff comes together.
If you are looking for more vegan recipes you’ll want to check out my Vegan Donuts. My Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes are also simple to make.
VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
One of the many things that I love about this Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff recipe is that it is easy to make and it uses minimal ingredients. Anyone who is looking for a traditional stroganoff recipe with a vegan twist is going to appreciate this Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff.
I originally used So Delicious Dairy-Free Yogurt to make this vegan stroganoff but you can use your favorite plain dairy-free yogurt.
You can also use a dairy-free sour cream but note that not all the dairy-free sour creams work in this recipe. If you don’t need to eat vegan, you can use sour cream in place of the dairy-free yogurt to make this Stroganoff.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN MUSHROOM STROGANOFF
- Cook noodles according to the package. While the noodles are cooking, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, sautéed onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- Add cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir until combined and it starts to brown.
- Stir in broth and bring to simmer.
- Scrape up browned bits from bottom of skillet as it cooks. Continue to cook until thick.
- Add dairy-free yogurt (or sour cream if you don’t need vegan).
- Stir until well combined and heated through. Spoon the mushroom sauce over a serving of noodles and garnish with chives.
- 8 ounces vegan noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup dairy-free plain yogurt (or your favorite dairy-free yogurt, or dairy-free sour cream or If you don’t need to eat vegan, you can use sour cream in place of the dairy-free yogurt)
- chives for garnish