Easy to cook, high on proteins and totally healthy. Can have for breakfast, lunch and snack. Vada batter can be made and stored in refrigerator for 7 days. Children enjoy it. Vada can be had with Tomato chutney as well.
Serving – 10 people | Time to cook 50 min
- Soak 1 cup of Urad washed dal overnight.
- Arhar Dal 1 cup
- Chana Dal 1 teaspoon
- Urad Dal 3 teaspoon
- Nicely chopped
- Carrot 1
- Onion 1
- Gourd 50 gm
- Brinjal 1
- Tamarind 10 gm / Lemon 1
- Cauliflower 50gm
- Beans and capsicum
- coconut oil
- Haldi 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 2 teaspoon
- Curry patta 10 – 12 leaves
- Red chilli whole 5
- Sambhar Masala 3 teaspoon
- Grind to thick paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Heat cooking oil in kadahi.
- When oil hot put Vada and cook on medium flame.
- Wet hand and take little batter on fingers.
- Make a small hole in batter and put in kadahi. Cook till little brown and switch sides. Serve with hot sambar.
- Take warm water add all the Dals, chopped vegetables, salt , haldi and put in cooker.
- Wait for 6 whistles and switch off gas
Take 2 teaspoon coconut oil in a wok.
Add mustard seeds, curry patta and red chilli whole when oil is hot.
Mustard will splitter.
Add sambar masala, salt, red chilli powder, sugar, lemon juice and switch of gas.
Add this to the boiled Dals and cook for 20 min.